An all time classic. Great for carbo loading and boosting protein intake.
2 TBLS Safflower/Sun Flower Oil
1/4 cup white wine
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 medium carrots chopped
1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
6 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 cup of green lentils
1/2 TSP dried thyme
1 can (28 oz)diced tomatoes
1 can (3 oz) diced green chiles
1 TBS instant broth
2/3 cup low- fat plain yogurt
1 1/2 pounds linguine or spaghetti
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, wine, and mushrooms;cook stirring occasionally, until softended. Add in the garlic. Add the lentils and thyme; cook stirring until lentils are coated, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the diced tomatoes and chiles. Add 4 cups of water and the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover tightly,and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender and starting to break down, about 45 minutes.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. While the sauce is cooking cook pasta to your favorite al dente softness.
5. Toss with sauce and stir in yogyrt, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
5 years ago