This is my fast and easy pizza dough that I make for our pizza Fridays. It only takes a few hours to rise and can be done in one day. It is always a hit!
1 packet of yeast
1 cup of warm water
1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
3 cups of flour- white all purpose flour works best
1/2 cup olive oil
a dash of salt
dash of chile powder
dash of cayenne powder
handful of cornmeal
1. place yeast packet into a bowl and pour the warm water over the yeast. Add the sugar and let sit for 10-15 minutes, or until there a foam begins to appear on the top of the water.
2. While yeast is activating, mix together the salt, chile powder, cayenne powder, and flour until well combined.
3. Add the activated yeast and olive oil to the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms.
4. Knead the dough for 10 minutes. All the dough to rest in a greased bowl for at least 2 hours.
5. Once the dough has rested and risen to twice its size, knead again and pull apart to form two balls of equal size.
6. Roll the first ball out on a floured surface and then place onto a pizza pan, cookie sheet, or pizza stone. Place your favorite toppings on and bake at 500 degrees for 12 minutes. Make sure to place a handful of corn meal onto the pan or surface yo are cooking the pizza.
7. Cut and serve!
6 years ago