I received pea shoots in my CSA box last week and didn't know what to do with them. Fortunately they sent a recipe along with the veggies. Below is verbatim the recipe, except with minor changes to the meat contents. You can make this using chicken broth and traditional bacon.
3 Slices of Smoked "bacon" (I use Morning Star)
1 Medium Potato
1 Tbs Olive Oil
50g Pea Shoots (1 pack)
1 pint veggie broth
1 tbs sour cream
1. Finley chop the onion and fry in the olive oils in a saucepan for 5 minutes,
2. Chop the "bacon" into small pieces and add to the saucepan. Fry for for 5 minutes until the onions start to brown.
3. Peel the potato and chop in to 1cm square dice. Add the potato and the veggie broth to the saucepan. Boil for 1- minutes until the potato is soft.
4. Place the contents of the saucepan into a blender of food processor, and blend until smooth.
5. Then add the pea shoots and blend until a smooth, bright green, thick soup consistency is reached.
6. Return to pan and reheat.
7. Serve in bowls with a swirl of sour cream. Serve with warm bread.
6 years ago