As part of my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)Box we received 1.5 Lbs of Brussels sprouts this week. As they were very fresh and ready to eat I quickly did some research and came up with this rendition of baked Brussels and blue cheese. Enjoy! It's great with wild rice.
1.5 Lbs of Brussels Sprouts
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice Meyer Lemon
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Butter cut into thin slices
1 TBS of Crumbled Blue Cheese for garnish
1.Pre-Heat Oven to 375 F
2Cut all the Brussels Sprouts into quarters. Place them in an accommodating baking dish. (I used my 5X8 Corning Wear with lid)
3. Pour the olive oil evenly over the Brussels Sprouts
4. Pour the lemon juice evenly over the Brussels
5. Add the Salt and the pepper
6. Mix the contents until the Brussels are evenly covered with all the ingredients.
7. Place the thinly cut butter slices evenly on the top of the Brussels. Cover the Brussels and place them in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the Brussels are tender.
8. Once cooked place Brussels on your serving platters, or dinner plates, and add the desired amount of blue cheese to the top of the Brussels.
9. Eat and enjoy!
6 years ago