I made these tasty apple tarts on a whim when I had too many apples and a need for a dessert. These are quick and turn out really tasty. Serve with vanilla ice cream and a dash of cinnamon on top.
2 Cups White All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Water or Milk
6 TBS Butter
1 TSP Salt
1.5 lbs Pink Lady or Pinova Apples
1/2 cup water
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 TBS Cinnamon
1/2 TS Ground Cloves
1 TS Nutmeg
1/4 TS Salt
1. Take out butter and let stand. Chop all apples into small chunks.
2. Place all apple chunks into a food processor. Run processor for a few pulses until apples have reduced in size to 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Transfer the apples into a mixing bowl.
4. Add the sugar, water, and spices and salt into the bowl. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
6. Crust: Using food processor again, place the flour, butter, and water, and salt into the food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are well combined.
7. Transfer the dough onto a floured surface.
8. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 cm thick.
9. Slice the dough into 6 equal parts. Cutting in circles works best.
10. Spoon the apple filling into each of the six dough portions.
11. Gather the edges of the dough and purse them together.
12. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the dough is lightly browned.
5 years ago