A tasty snack for any day of the week. This used to be my favorite snack after a long day at work when I was in college. So satisfying, and so easy to make. I would buy all the ingredients from Trader Joes- easy and cheap and still tasty. Just the way I like it. Enjoy!
1 LB sweet potatoes
1/4 cup water
1 TBS honey/agave nectar
1 package of fresh goat cheese
Equipment: 1 deep frying pan, 1 spatula
1. Cut sweet potatoes into rounds (peeling optional)
2. Place the cut sweet potatoes into a deep frying pan with the water and honey/agave nectar.
5. Cook on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, turning the potatoes as they brown.
6. Cook the potatoes until they are just beginning to be soft, but not mushy.
7. Remove from the frying pan and place on serving ware.
8. Place a dollop of goat cheese on top of each potato round. Serve immediately. Great as a snack or appetizer.
5 years ago