Since I am drowning in winter greens I have become a master of hiding the greens in everyday food. The recipe that follows is by far my best easy, quick, and tasty dish I have thrown Chard into. Great way to boost your antioxidants!
1/2 1 yellow onion
1 bunch of Chard (about 1/2 a pound)
1 bunch of fresh basil
1/2 cup Pine Nuts
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
One Clove Fresh Garlic
1/4 cup green or kalamata olives
Dash of Cayenne
Salt to Taste
1. In a food processor dice the garlic and the onion.
2. Add in the basil, olive oil, and pine nuts and run processor until well combined.
3. Slowly Add in each chard leaf. Grind until well combined all pieces of chard are very small.
4. Add in the olives and cayenne and combine.
5. Transfer all of the contents from the food processor to a heated sauce pan. Add more olive oil if needed.Heat and cook for 10 minutes until the green tone turns a slightly deeper tone.
6. Toss with rigatoni, spaghetti, or any of your favorite pastas. Also great as a spread for sandwiches.
5 years ago