Thursday, January 29, 2009

Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)

Well, I missed a week of posting. Didn't mean to, just got way too busy with the month of January. I'm back and ready for some posting action. Something new and exciting this month is I joined a CSA,or a Community Supported Agriculture delivery service. Since we are vegetarians we get one of the largest boxes of fruits and veggies delivered each week.It comes right to our door every Thursday. Quite a surprise since we don't know what to expect to receive. It's been three weeks since we started and we have received everything from Chard, Kale, Winter Greens, Carrots, Red Onions, Garlic, Russet Potatoes, Napa Cabbage, Leeks, and Fennel. We have also received lots of yummy fruit including apples, pears,and oranges, and tangerines. It's been a little difficult to change the way I cook and shop. Before I would make a list of recipes I wanted to cook and show accordingly. Now I have a box full of goodies I have to figure out what to do with. It's an adventure, but it's great!

If you live in or around the Bay Area check out Farm Fresh To You, they are awesome, reliable, and friendly. Totally worth looking into. I will try from now on listing which of my ingredients were made with my Farm Fresh to You Box Veggies. A culinary treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment