Ingredients: Outer Shell & Ganache Mixture1.) 2 14 oz Bags of Wiltons Dark Chocolate Candy Melts
2.) 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips(Ghirardelli works well)
3.) 2/3 Cup Whipping Cream
4.) Your Choice of Flavored Baking oil (peppermint works well, and raspberry is delocious!)
- 1" deep candy molds.
- Double-Boiler (or a deep pot with 1 cup water at the bottom and place a heat-safe bowl in the center of the pot to create your won doble-boiler)
1. In a double broiler, or in the microwave pour 1/2 cup of the Wilton Candy melts and melt slowly. Stir often, but do not stir briskly.
2. Once the melts are melted, use a dinner spoon to scoop out the chocolate and using the back of the spoon run it across the mold until the mold is covered completely, but the space in the middle is not filled with chocolate. Tap the side of the mold to remove any air bubbles.
3. Place the chocolate covered mold into the freezer for 3-5 minutes to harden.
4. Meanwhile pour the 1lb bag of chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Combine with the 2/3 cups whipping cream. Microwave for 2 minutes. Remove the Ganache and stir until Ganach is smooth. If Ganache is not smooth yet, microwave for 1 minute intervals, removing the bowl and stirring. Do this until the ganache mixture is smooth. Once it is smooth you may add your choice of fillings/flavor (See below for filling/flavor options).
Combining Ganache & Shell:
5. Remove the candy molds from the freezer. Using the dinner spoon, fill each candy mold with 1/2oz of the ganache mixture. Leave 1/2 an inch of space between the ganche filling and the edge of the candy mold.
6. Place the molds with the ganache filling back in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until the filling is set (slightly hardened).
7. Remove the mold from the freezer, using the remaining chocolate from the double burner, Make sure it's still melted, and using the dinner spoon use the chocolate that gathers on the back of the spoon to fill in the bottom of the truffle.
8. Place the molds back in the freezer to set the bottoms for 3-5 minutes.
9. Remove the molds from the freezer. Let stand for 1 minute. On asoft surface, gently turn the molds upside down and release the candies from the molds.
10. Using a decorators brush, or a cutip, dampen the top of the truffe with water and sprinkle brown sugar, candy toppings, or sprinkles.
11. Impress friends and family with your creation!